Children’s disability service grant fund
November 7, 2023back to news listing
If you offer services or support to children with a disability, you can apply for funding under a new HSE grant scheme. The closing date for applications is Monday, 13th November 2023.
Grants are open to a number of organisations, including community groups and service providers. The children your organisation serves must be on a waiting list for Children’s Disability Network Team services.
Funding will be awarded at the end of November 2023. You can apply for funding for up to 3 years, to the end of 2026.
An approved service providers list will be set up based on successful applications, from which the Children’s Disability Network Managers will draw down supports for their CDNTs’ waitlisted children and families based on prioritised needs.
Successful projects will need to:
- add value to existing HSE children's disability services
- state the expected benefit to children.
Monday, 13th November 2023 - closing date for applications
Monday, 27th November 2023 - letters issued to successful applicants
Monday, 11th December 2023 - first instalment of funds available to successful applicants
Organisations that can apply
You can apply for funding if you are 1 of the following:
- An organisation with an existing service arrangement or grant agreement with the HSE.
- A community group.
- A voluntary group.
- A private service provider.
You can apply with other organisations or community groups, but you need to confirm who the lead organisation is.
Projects that can be funded include:
- recognised sensory programmes
- evidence-based therapies such as equine therapy
- respite, including clubs, evening and weekend sessions, Saturday clubs, sports sessions, activities designed to meet the needs of disabled children
- additional therapy sessions, for example, for managing distress giving rise to challenging behaviours.
The scheme will also fund other types of projects. If you are unsure if your project or service is eligible, contact email@example.com
How to apply
You can only apply online.
You will need to include:
- a description of the project or service
- why you believe it will benefit children or their families
- how it will add value to existing services
- expected outputs, benefits and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- timescale and milestones
- an assigned person who will be accountable for the project
If you have any queries about the application form you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org